Welcome to Mackay Indoor Sports Arena
Phone: (07) 4957 2672 Fax: (07) 4953 5455
1. You must complete your team’s player login before every game, or players will be ineligible for the finals. It’s your responsibility to make sure this has been completed. All players must have played at least 4 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
2. Be on time for your game, paid and ready to go or risk being penalised!!!!!!
3. Forfeits – When your team registers to play at Mackay Indoor Sports Arena you have every right to expect a game each week. It is for this reason we take a very serious view to games being forfeited. If some of your team is unavailable it is your responsibility to find replacement players. MISA may be able to help with fill in players if given due notice.Please contact MISA in the event of a problem but do not expect to be able to forfeit.
1st Offence- If your team forfeits (with less than 48 hours notice) your team will lose forfeit points (every sport -8) and must pay your full game fee within 7 days of when your game was scheduled. If your team forfeits with less than 24 hours notice before the scheduled game time, you will incur an 8 point penalty as well as a Double Game Fee. Please note unless prior arrangement has been with Management and payment is not received you will be taken out of the competition until payment is made.
4. If your team falls behind in game fees you will have 1 week from game day to catch up. Otherwise you will receive no points for that game
5. Uniform penalties apply from round 4. (See attached)
6. Points System
7. Check results, fixtures and statistics on the web at www.isamackay.com.au
8. Zero tolerance of abuse of staff members and umpires. Also unsportsmanlike conduct. If any player is sent off from any game at MISA they will have an automatic 1 week suspension with the possibility of a lengthier suspension if the offence is deemed serious.
9. Please make your team-mates aware of our licensed areas that must be strictly adhered to. Alcohol may only be consumed inside the building or on the cemented area near the volleyball courts. NO alcohol is to be taken outside. No alchol is to be brought onto premises.
10. We strongly recommend that all jewellery is removed before playing any sport.
11. Lockers are available for your use in the Bar Area.
12. In line with government legislation smoking is not permitted inside the venue. Smoking is only permitted outside the venue, at least 4 metres from any entrance. Smoking near the volleyball area is only permitted outside the cemented area.
We hope you enjoy yourself every time you come to Mackay Indoor Sports Arena, if you ever have a problem, a question or a concern please don’t hesitate to contact one of our management team. Good Luck and most importantly have a whole lot of fun!!!!!
The following is the Captains Letter in more detail.
As the team captain you will play a vital link between Mackay Indoor Sports and your team. The more organised you are, the more efficiently your team will run. If you ever need help or assistance, please ask one of the management team.
1. Player Registration and Qualification
2. Higher Graded Players
3. Game Times and Penalties
When your team registers to play at Mackay Indoor Sports Arena you have every right to expect a game each week. It is for this reason we take a very serious view of game forfeits. Game times are set around your preferences and cannot be changed. If some of your team is unavailable it is your responsibility to find replacement players. Forfeits are not acceptable! Management may be able to assist in contacting fill-in players (given due notice) if necessary. By all means contact us in the event of a problem but do not expect to be able to forfeit without penalties.
The ONLY PERSON who may authorise a team forfeit is the Duty Manager.
5. Local Rules & Uniforms
6. Points System
7. Our new Sportsoft Sports Management software has allowed Mackay Indoor Sports to enter into unprecedented waters for an Indoor Sports Centre. The system means you have greater access to a world of information. Your team schedules, team ladders, player’s statistics, career averages, career strike rate plus much more information can all be accessed from our website at www.isamackay.com.au . To access much of this information you will have to be logged in using your email address and randomly generated password. All you need to do to receive this information is to make sure your email address has been sent to us at email@example.com.
As we are one of the first indoor sports centre anywhere in the world to be offering this service with so much functionality, these reports are being continually added to and modified. If you do notice a flaw or have any suggestions please feel free to forward them onto us.
8. Zero Tolerance of abuse staff members / umpires and unsportsmanlike conduct
If you are involved in such an incident expect to be suspended or completely banned.
If you have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to ask the umpire for assistance. If you are not happy with the outcome please talk to one of the management team immediately and we can assist you if possible. At the end of the day we are here to help you and everyone else have maximum enjoyment.
Once again, welcome to our new season, and we encourage your questions, comments and suggestions.
Please feel free to chat to one of the management team at any time. Good luck with your team this season!
It is the responsibility of the Team Captains to obtain times and advise all team members of their respective game times each week. For your information game times and scheduled are also available on the web at www.isamackay.com.au
Finals: In the case of a tie in a finals game
Semi-Finals – for all sports: If the final score is tied than the team that has finished higher on the ladder at the end of the regular season will proceed through to the Grand Final.
Grand Finals- Cricket- If the final score is tied, it reverts back to skins won. If the number of skins won is tied then a mini-game is to be played.
The system for the finals is 1v4 and 2v3 with the winners from both teams going into the Grand Final on the Saturday night.
The game fees for all games that are played during the finals series must be paid in full.
To avoid getting behind in game fees we suggest the following:
#1. Several teams have already initiated a very successful system whereby they collect three game fees on the first night of the season. The first nights game fee is then paid and each player has the other two payments held in credit against nights that they may not be available. If not used during the season, the two payments simply carry over and get used on the last two nights of the season. Simple but very effective!!!!!!
#2. Other teams run an ‘extra tin’ and collect an extra $1 per person per night, as a form of ‘insurance’. This extra dollar then pays for any player that misses a night. Any money left in the kitty at the end of the season buys a drink or two for each of the team members. Again simple!
All teams must be in uniform by the start of the 4th game of the season.
Shirts may be different designs & makes, but they MUST be the same colour.
Shirts that are different colours or have different designs, printing or logos will be penalised. ( Logos / designs less than 5cm sq will be allowed). Any printing that is covered by a netball bib will be allowed.
In cooler weather, jumpers may be worn, but the team uniform MUST be worn underneath.
Skirts (pleated or non-pleated) and shorts or bike pants may be worn. Shorts must have an elastic waist. Under no circumstances are denim or cargo pants allowed on court
Special note: Players are not permitted to turn non-identical uniforms inside out to hide logos, patches or irregular colours etc. All players who have non-matching uniforms will be penalised according to the table below.
PENALTIES FOR PLAYERS OUT OF UNIFORM
Cricket- 5 runs per player (max.20) Beach Volleyball (6)- 2 points per player (max.6)